- Model NO.: 1000 - 2500mm OD
- Size: Large
- Material: Metal
- Chuck Size: 1000 - 2500mm or Customized on Request
- Chuck Jaws Made: Forging Steel, HRC 48-55
- Chuck Jaws Types: Fit in Chuck Base or Boring Mill Jaws
- Jaw Number: 4, 6, 8 or Other Number on Request
- Specification: 1000 - 2500mm
- HS Code: 84663000
- Logo Printing: with Logo Printing
- Customized: Customized
- Certification: ISO 9001:2008, GS, CE
- Chuck Base Material: Casting Steel
- Chuck Connections Port: A2-15~28 Direct Connection, or Adaptor Connected
- Chuck Bores: Can Be Large Bore Espeically for Pipe Machining
- Trademark: Songen
- Origin: China
2. Thes heavy-duty lathe chucks have their chuck body made of cast steel, not cast iron, so they have higher strength in operation compared with chucks made of gray cast iron or nodular cast iron. The chuck usually has four pieces of jaws, which can be either embedded in the chuck base or independent chuck jaws (also called boring mill jaws), depending on the weight of the workpiece this chuck is used to clamp. The chuck can have 4, 6, 8 jaws or other numbers of jaws on requests. In case of boring mill jaws being needed to be fitted on the chucks, we can arrange in the boring mill jaws with mechanical clamping force boosting devices such as mechanical clamping forces boosting screws, or just a set of gear sectors combined with pinion gear for driving the screw rod by engaging with the gear sectors, thus the operator can use one-man power to perform clamping of huge workpieces which weight can be up to hundreds of tons.
3. Usually these large chucks are fitted on lathes as workholdings, but also frequently they are used on other type of machines, especially on pipe handling machines such as welding positioners, pipe cutters, pipe welding machines. In cases that they are used on pipe handling machines, they can have large bores with diameters such as 500mm, 630mm, 800mm etc. decided by customers' actual requirements.
4. These heavy duty chucks can always be customized. They can not only be fitted on a new machines, but also can be fitted on a refurbished machine.