1. These angle plates are used as a workholding device to clamp and hold workpieces in the vertical position and as a vertical reference for inspection and tooling purposes in machining processes such as shaping, planing, boring, milling, grinding and drilling, etc.;
2. The types of angle plates are available as being T-slotted, elongated-hole-slotted and plain;
3. The angle plates are made of close-grained and stress relieved gray cast iron GG-20, GG-25 or GG-30 upon buyer request;
4. Cored and ribbed construction, twice annealing heat treatments at a temperature in the range of 600-700° C (the 1st annealing is done right after casting, the 2ND annealing is done right after the rough machining on the angle plate) and the following aging treatment are adopted on the angle plate to relieve the stress, ensure high stability and maintain its accuracy free from distortion;
5. Hardness is in the range of HB170-240 and the surface flatness accuracy is available as being Grade I, II or III as per DIN 876 Standard;
6. Angle plates with sizes above 300mm are webbed to ensure rigidity;
7. Traceable calibration certificates are provided along with the angle plates;
8. Sizes of angle plates are as per customer request. Any sizes can be provided, including very large heavy duty angle plates used as workholding device for floor type milling and boring machines.
We frequently supply custom made large and heavy-duty angle plates like 7000X2000X2000mm or larger ones which are used as workholding components on the large floor type boring machines. Below shows some of our past supplies.