1. Heavy duty box jaws, with mechnical power clamping screws fitted inside, are widely used to clamp and hold huge stuff on heavy-duty lathes, heavy-duty grinders, roll lathes, deep-hope boring mills, vertical boring mills etc. These box jaws have field-proven reliable performance in applications as workholding in various hugh-stuff metalworking industrial sectors such as nuclear electric-generation equipments, hydro-power generator parts, petroleum drilling equipments and steel rolls manufacturing etc.;
2. Our box jaws have ever been used to effectively hold a 450-ton workpiece on a heavy duty horizontal lathe with sets of Tr120 x 6LH-513 mechanical power clamping screws fitted inside the jaw boxes. As in most cases the box jaws will hold one end of a workpiece and the tailstock's center or the steady rest holds the other end, the box jaws hold a half of weight of the workpiece and thus the box jaws are requested to be to superly sturdy. On request we can supply even Tr150 or larger power clamping screws equipped box jaws to hold heavier worpieces on lathes or other types of machines;
3. All parts on the box jaws are made of superly high-strength chromium molybdenum alloy steel. They are made of forgings and have been premiumly precessed with proper heat-treatments, precision machining, whole hardening on the clamping serrrated sufaces to obtain endurable reliability in long-time operations. The cross locking bars, high-strength nuts and bolts securely fix the box jaws onto the chucks of the lathes. All these accessories are made high-strength alloy steels and have been properly heat-treated to keep the box jaws safely hold the workpieces;
4. For personal safety and reduced labor tensity, the operator can drive with a low torque with a wrench on the mechanical power clamping screws to generate upon the workpiece a clamping force as high as tens of tons which effectively clamps the huge workpieces. The manual driving torque is low enough (for example, 180 N.M) to ensure the operator's safety in operating these box jaws;
5. The mechanical power clamping screws can be embedded into the face plates or chucks fit on the lathes. We can custom made the heavy-duty chucks with mechanical power clamping screws exactly according to the specs of the spindle on your lathes or other machines.