This table type horizontal boring mill is used for drilling, enlarging and boring holes, milling planes, facing spots, turning, grooving, cutting threads on cast iron, steel or non-ferrous metallic workpieces in rough or fine machining processes. With its high rigidity, high precision and high efficiency, this machine is especially suitable for boring or milling large flat surfaces or fine machining on the workpiece a series of holes which have tight positional tolerances between each other. Meanwhile, equipped with accessories for turning, it can be used to cut Metric or Inch threads. There are many optional accessories available for this machine to widen the range of its applications in machining processes.
1. Bed & Column are respectively made of one-piece fine-grained and stress-relieved Meehanite cast iron and ensures high rigidity, high precision and high stability even under very heavy cutting condition. The castings for the bed and the column are reinforced with ribs to achieve high rigidity to remain stable even under the heaviest cutting conditions. Two additional supporting guideways are equipped with the machine to ensure a high rigidity in supporting the large longitudinal travel. In the hollow of the column there is a counterweight for compensating for the weight of the headstock. All the guideways for the table longitudinal slide (Z-axis), the table cross slide (X-axis) and the headstock vertical slide (Y-axis) on the bed and the column are box type and induction hardened & precision ground to offer a high loading capacity with high rigidity and high precision;
2. Headstock contains the spindle, the live spindle, the spindle bearings, the spindle driving mechanisms, the live spindle driving mechanisms, the tool clamping system and the controlling mechanisms. Various standard or optional accessories such as the spindle loading support, the facing head, the milling head can be mounted to the face of the headstock. The spindle and the live spindle are made of wear-resistant chrome-moly steel alloy to achieve a high reliability. Extra-precision spindle type, preloaded, multiple-setup tapered roller bearings have been mounted to support the spindle which is driven by two sets of gears. Three hardened sleeves, carrying the live spindle, have been mounted into the hollow spindle along its fore-and-aft direction to ensure the live spindle to rotate with high precision and remain stable for a long run. Both the spindle and the live spindle have been nitride hardened and then precision ground and lapped for high precisin performance. The live spindle can move stably with a high precision in the spindle sleeves while remaining stable with a high precision in a long run in operations. The spindle braking is energy-consumption type which ensures a smooth and low-nosisy braking for the spindle;
3. Table slides along both X-axis and Z-axis and rotates 360-deg around B-axis with a high positioning accuracy, a high indexing accuracy and a high repeatability accuracy with powerful clamping. It can load maximum 2000 KGs. The top bearing surface of the table has been induction hardened and precision ground to a high precision;
4. Rear column is equipped with boring bar supporting tailstock which can move precisely synchronously with the spindle to ensure a stable deep-hole boring operation.
5. Movement directions of axes
X-axis: Cross travel of table
Y-axis: Vertical travel of headstock
Z-axis: Longitudinal travel of table
B-axis: 360-Deg rotation of table
U-axis: Slide stroke on facing head
W-axis: Axial travel of live spindle
6. Performance accuracy:
X-axis and Y-axis positioning accuracy: 0.02mm/300mm
X-axis and Y-axis reading accuracy: 0.005mm
Rotary table indexing accuracy: 30 Sec.
Z-axis digital readout, B-axis digital readout, W-axis digital readout and the rear column readout are available as options.