1. Heavy duty box jaws used on heavy duty lathes, vertical boring mills, etc. as workholding for huge and heavy workpiece. Jaw base 450mm long and rows of bolts holes 240mm apart. Other sizes can be customized on this type or boring mill jaws;
2. This set of jaws are used on a heavy duty lathe with 2500mm swing over bed and supporting workpieces up to 120 tons with only the chuck clamping and the center supporting. With the mechanical clamping boosting gear set, one operator can drive each jaw to generate adequate to clamp the 120-ton workpiece. To help to increase the clamping force generated by each jaws, lubrication grease nipples are furnished on the top jaws and jaw base so that grease can be injected into the internal guide ways of jaw box and the screws to reduce the friction coefficient.
Man Driving Torques VS. Single Jaw Thrusting Forces are charted below:
|Man Driving Torque, kgf.M||Single Jaw Thrusting Force, kgf||Man Driving Torque, kgf.M||Single Jaw Thrusting Force, kgf|
On request we can also furnish the mechanical power clamping screws on the jaws to offer a more convenient clamping operation;
3. The jaw bases, screws and top jaws are all made of high-tensile chromium molybdenum allow steel in forgings. Whole quenching processed top jaws have very good wearing resistance against the rough surface, great weight and heavy cutting forces imposed on the serrated clamping surfaces on the top jaws.
4. High tensile accessories includes bolts, nuts, anti-thrusting pins / bars, ensuring a safe and reliable fixing of jaws onto the chucks or face plates on the machines;
5. The box jaws can always been tailor made to your actual needs on clamping jobs on your machines. Please send us an inquiry anytime you need these jaws.
6. For clamping very heavy and huge workpieces, we supply chuck jaws fitted with the wedge-type clamping force boosting screw rods inside, to effectively enhance the clamping forces.